Graduation season is in full swing! This year not only did my daughter graduate, but many other kids I have know since elementary school. Our kids have grow up together, played together and whose parents are good friends of mine. As I sign cards, insert money or wrap gifts…I wanted to include something personal – advice of sorts. These were somethings I came up with.
My Advice to You
- Always be kind…to yourself, to others and to the earth.
- You’re never too broke to leave a quarter in the Aldi cart for the next person – or even on the floor for some excited little kid to find.
- If someone does something kind for you, PAY IT FORWARD!
- Please don’t vape, smoke or do drugs – it doesn’t look good on anyone!!!
- NEVER drink and drive – NEVER get into a car with a drunk person.
- PUT DOWN THE DAMN PHONE and enjoy the moments in life…you will wish you had. You will cherish the memories of the moment 20 years from now – but not remember whose Snapchat you were looking at.
- Accept others as they are. We are all different and unique – that is what makes our world interesting. We are all different in some way, but we are all equal at the same way.
- Make your bed every day – it starts your day with one accomplishment under your belt and that fuels you to go on with your day feeling successful.
- Call your mom.
- Always tell your family and peeps you love them. Even if it is in a text. Let them know they matter.
- Take naps!
- Eat well…but always say yes to dessert.
- Thank God everyday for your blessings.
- Smile at strangers.
- Remember everyone is fighting a battle you may not know about.
- Trust your gut!!! It will never fail you – It is God’s way of protecting you.
- ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS be true to yourself! Don’t be a person someone else wants you to be.